The TouchPACS/TouchEMR Software Suite (“TMS”) is a software product with over a decade of design and programming experience in medical software, and specifically diagnostic imaging software, at its foundation. As the product name specifies, TMS consists of:
- PACS – a Picture Archive and Control System application, which is the current standard for displaying diagnostic quality medical images electronically. TMS is coded to the standards of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) standard, as is contained in the details of the document, and in the section of this document entitled “TouchPACS/TouchEMR DICOM Conformance Statement”, which is required to provide a definition of our adherence to the DICOM standard, and to allow for third party software integration. DICOM defines the communication standards for how TMS communicates with vendors of radiological modalities, and other DICOM server applications and services, and describes the protocols and methods for correctly reading, handling, and displaying medical quality diagnostic images.
- EMR – an Electronic Medical Records application, which is part of a new and evolving standard for the capture, storage and dissemination of patient medical information, and the integration of the healthcare environment. An EMR for a patient consists of all information for the patient (demographics, diagnoses, medications, physician’s orders, images, etc.) stored securely in the patient’s primary healthcare provider. This information is available for dissemination only on the order and at the request of the patient or the patient’s legally designated representative. Standards for privacy and security of EMRs have been established by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 (P.L.104-191), and TouchEMR meets or exceeds all legal standards for privacy and security of patient health data, as defined in the section of this document entitled “HIPAA Privacy and Security Conformance Statement.”
- Practice Management – The TMS product contains all functionality needed to run the business of a radiology practice, or indeed, any small to medium medical practice regardless of specialty. These functions include system security, scheduling and appointment management, workflow, mailing list and patient contact management, customer accounting, billing and collection, insurance company billing, interface to external vendors, and other functions needed in medical offices. Many of the functions of the Practice Management application utilize electronic data interchange (EDI) between entities involved in healthcare. Such transactions are governed by the ANSI Health Language 7 standards (HL7). TMS implements HL7 version 2.51 for all EDI transactions.
The Executive Team
- Rik J Deitsch – Founder/Chairman – Mr. Deitsch is currently the Chairman and CEO of Nutra Pharma Corporation, a publicly-traded biotechnology company with products for the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis, HIV and Pain. Rik Deitsch has founded over a dozen successful companies in the healthcare field, creating and marketing products and services that include; drugs, dietary supplements, homeopathic products and consulting services. Mr. Deitsch holds both a B.S. in Chemistry and an M.S. in Biochemistry from Florida Atlantic University and has conducted clinical and laboratory research in collaboration with scientists at Duke University Medical Center and the Cleveland Clinic. He is the author of two books (“Are You AgeWise: A Guide to Healthy Aging,” and “Invisible Killers: The Truth About Environmental Genocide”). Mr. Deitsch is an adjunct professor and teaches several courses for Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business and Continuing Education Department.
- Jason Barry – President/Chief Financial Officer -Mr. Barry is the former CEO of Big Picture Project Management, a consulting firm dedicated to bringing technology products to market. Jason has worked directly with hardware and software vendors such as Apple, HP, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Lets Talk and Simplexity. Jason has a history of launching complex products with a low time to market, a 100% requirement fulfillment rate and the completion of projects under budget. Jason has additional experience as an AT&T product manager participating in technology products like the IPhone 3GS, IPhone 4, iPad, and other critical AT&T objectives.